DATE & LOCATION
Saturday 26 August 2017
Your MMVAF full ticket experience goes beyond the standard festival fare. Get in early, set up your home base in the Ampi. Select your couch. Mark your territory, make it yours. Traverse the green and get lost - but don’t lose those you came with.
The Old Horton Park Golf Course, entry via Dalton Drive, Maroochydore 4558. The Horton Park Golf Course used to be a working Golf Club. The entry to the festival is via DALTON DRIVE, not Golf Street. Don’t worry, loads of signage on the day, just follow the crowd.
GOOGLE MAP REFERENCE HERE
How do I get a ticket?
Tickets are available via Eventbrite.
Are tickets available at the gate on the day?
A limited number of tickets may be available at the gate, but it’s best to plan ahead. We’re keeping it real, and capped; not intimate, but not uncomfortably overcrowded. What’s the point if you have no room to move? Don’t miss out on this party my friend - if we sell out, we sell out.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
Hard copy tickets from retail outlets cannot be replaced if lost, please treat them like cash. Tickets purchased online will be delivered in the form of a bar-coded print-at-home PDF ticket. If you are having an issue with your ticket purchased online, please contact Eventbrite.
Do you accept Companion Cards?
Yes, MMVAF supports Companion Cards. Further information about Companion Cards can be found at www.companioncard.org.au or telephone the Companion Card Information Line on 1800 650 611. Companion cards will need to be presented at the gate for entry.
This is an 18+ event
Our festival is strictly 18+. All patrons will require an accepted form of photo ID, proof of age that will need to be carried with them at all times. This will be checked throughout the festival and will be required to get through the gates. Accepted forms of ID include a current valid Australian driver’s license, current passport, Government issued Proof of Age Card, an international driver’s license.
AT THE FESTIVAL
Will passouts be available on the day?
There are no passouts on the day. If you choose to leave the Festival at any point, you will not be admitted back in. There will be more than enough food, drinks, amenities and, of course, entertainment to keep you going from open to close.
What happens if it rains on the day?
If the rain gods greet us August 26, the festival still goes ahead. The golf course has been built to naturally drain away water leaving plush green fairways for even the fussiest of festival-goers. We have spots to store jackets but leave the umbrellas at home. Ponchos abound, smiles all round.
Can I bring my own alcohol and food?
No - No alcohol, it forms part of our liquor license. If found with BYO alcohol you will be ejected from the festival site without a refund. Don’t risk it. There’ll be plenty of water stations so bring an empty water bottle, and food stalls aplenty including gluten free stuff (if required for food allergy / medical purposes please contact us Captain@mmvaf.com). Bags will be searched at the gate.
Can I go barefoot?
Though tempting it may be, shoe wear is necessary as it’s a long day. Thongs and sandals are fine but we recommend enclosed footwear to avoid toe-stomping mishaps.
Where can I report any lost or found items?
Found: Please take any found items to coat check .
Lost: If you misplace something please check with coat check on the day as things will be turned in there. Alternatively, please email Captain@mmvaf.com and we will do our very best to help you.
Do you have disabled access and facilities?
Yes. Please contact Captain@mmvaf.com and we’ll get you sorted re: parking and access. We also support Companion Cards. Please contact Eventbrite directly for assistance with your booking.
What is the No Dickhead Policy?
We, like many other institutions in the great land of OZ, have chosen to employ a No Dickhead Policy. We all know one, we all may have been one at times, but on a day as carefully planned and curated as this there is no place for celebrating the Dickhead.
It sounds straight forward because it is. Have fun but please respect our lovely surroundings, your fellow punter, our hard working staff and act in a manner that your Mother would be proud of.
Should you encounter a Dickhead, please politely let them know that their behaviour is not what our event is all about, or seek out one of our MMVAF security crew who will have their Dickhead radar switched on.
What To Bring With You
- Your ticket
- ID: Our festival is strictly 18+. All patrons will require an accepted form of photo ID, proof of age that will need to be carried with them at all times. This will be checked throughout the festival and will be required to get through the gates.
- Accepted forms of ID include a current valid Australian driver’s license, current passport, Government issued Proof of Age Card, an international driver’s license.
- Sun protection
- Cash: ATMs and PayWave (at the bar) are available, but it’s handy to have cash just in case. Cash is king.
- Awesome attitudes
- Empty water bottle
- Fancy dress complete with Wintercroft mask
- Prepare for four seasons, but leave umbrellas at home
- A folding picnic chair: Come in early, pick a spot, settle in for the day! Don't act like an idiot with it though or it will be taken off you xxx
- Glass of any kind
- Cans including aerosols
- Alcohol: No BYO alcohol, it forms part of our liquor license. If found with BYO alcohol you will be ejected from the festival site without a refund. Don’t risk it.
- Illegal drugs
- Food: There’ll be plenty of water stations and food stalls onsite, including gluten free stuff (if required for food allergy / medical purposes please contact email@example.com)
- Your pre intoxicated mates, If you arrive wasted you will not be permitted. This is a licenced site.
- Laser lights
- No liquids of any kind (empty plastic bottles ok)
- Professional cameras that have a removable lens: Please respect our artists and do not record their performances. Still cameras are A-OK, for private use only.
- Anything sharp or pointed such as studded belts, wristbands or collars
- Camelbacks or bladder type backpacks
- Umbrellas (gumboots and plastic ponchos are better), flags with banners, anything that may block peoples view
- Anything that may be used as a weapon
- Dickheads: They're no fun, leave them at home.
What Kind of Cameras & Recording Devices Can I Bring With Me?
No professional cameras (read: cameras with detachable lenses) are permitted without formal media accreditation. Likewise no audio or film recording equipment (including GoPros) can be brought into the Festival. Standard for most events, please respect our artists.
Volunteer applications are now closed for 2017. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org